Sunday, January 16, 2011

Top 10 Most Acclaimed Films I Haven't Seen (Honorable Mentions)

Hey, everyone! Just writing to let you know that Coffee With The Cynic will be returning to YouTube with new content sometime this week, with a more consistent schedule of 1-2 episodes a month. Now, this list regards a video that you will be seeing next month, but I wanted to share this with you guys before I lost the documentation.

So February's primary video will be The Top 10 Most Acclaimed Films I Haven't Seen or I'm Singing My Death Warrant Because The Internet Will Murder Me For Not Having Seen These Films as I like to think of it. This will be the first list I've done that actually uses some kind of a scoring system and doesn't just consist of my personal picks. Here's how the system works:

-Look up a critically acclaimed film
-Check how it ranks on the Tomato Meter on Rotten Tomatoes.com
-Check the films grade on Internet Movie Database
-Add the scores together and divide by two, giving you an average score

Altogether, I checked the scores of 45 films, although I was only able to score 43 of them because Momento and Ben Hur do not have ranks on Rotten Tomatoes (Wtf?). The final list you'll see in February on YouTube will consist of 10 entries and 2 honorable mentions. What is listed here are the films that did not make it on to the final list. Enjoy and keep an eye on YouTube for a new CWTC video!

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence - 71.5%
Dreamgirls - 72%
The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford - 76%
Snatch - 77.5%
Leon The Professional - 82%
Brokeback Mountain - 82.5%
The Exorcist - 82.5%
Donnie Darko - 83.5%
The Ten Commandments - 84.5%
West Side Story - 85%
Se7en - 86%
The Usual Suspects - 87%
Rebel Without A Cause - 87%
Children Of Men - 87%
Slumdog Millionaire - 88.5%
The Departed - 89%
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - 89%
No Country For Old Men - 89%
Rosemary's Baby - 89.5%
To Kill A Mockingbird - 90%
The Pianist - 90.5%
Lawrence Of Arabia - 91.5%
Vertigo - 92%
Taxi Driver - 92%
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - 92.5%
Casablanca - 92.5%
Das Boot - 92.5%
North By Northwest - 93%
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb - 93%
Seven Samurai - 94%
The Godfather Part 2 - 94%

So what will the final list consist of? All I can tell you is that it consists of films that I feel I'll catch the most flak for not seeing. Stay tuned!

-The Cynic

No comments:

Post a Comment