Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Funko Reviews: Tyrannosaurus Rex


     Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!  Welcome back to another entry in the Coffee With The Cynic blog and we are continuing our look at the Funko Pop Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary line.  Tonight, we are looking at the star attraction herself, the Tyrannosaurus Rex!  Now the packaging is in more of a landscape format rather than a portrait format the way the other Funkos have been (Parts 1 and 2 can be found here and here, respectively).  Why they went this route, I do not know.  If the Tyrannosaurus Rex was a little bit larger than the other figures, I would understand but that is not the case.  However, there will be a 10" Tyrannosaurus Funko figure as part of the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Funko line coming later this year.  Enough blabbing!  Let's get this girl out of the packaging!


     Well, holy shit!  She stands without the display base!  I'm legitimately shocked at this because the Tyrannosaurus figure looks like it has a bigger head than the Velociraptor figure and thus, I assumed would be more top heavy.  Well, I'm glad that I'm wrong though.  Let's take a a closer look at her.

     While the top of the head may have a smooth surface, most of the head sculpt has this lovely pebbling texture throughout to give a great deal of detail and definition to the T. Rex.  The seam lines are still pretty abrasive but maybe I'm just getting more used to them by this point because they don't seem to be standing out to me as much as the other two dinosaurs we've looked at (although once you give the figures a new paint job, it is much less noticeable, in my opinion).


     As for any paint goofs, the only ones I can honestly find are some smudges on a couple of the teeth and some of the claws on the right hand and foot aren't fully painted.  I'm not too bothered by this because the tips of the feet claws rub up against the inside of the packaging and getting those two little claws on the hand fully painted looks like it'd be pretty awkward to do.  I'm not sure if anyone else's Tyrannosaurus Funko does this but the farthest right toe seems to elevate itself higher than the others.  Not sure why but it doesn't seem to be any worse for wear as a result.  Now, let's see how it works with the display base.

     Seems to be working just fine.  I had to put a little bit of muscle into it to get its foot completely down on the base but that's the only issue I had with it.  I've heard of some people's Rexes not fitting on the base properly and then tipping over but I'm not having those experiences here.

     Alright, I'd say this was an investment well made!  I'm very happy with Funko's Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus Rex figure and actually wouldn't mind getting more to repaint in the Etsy shop.  Imagine what this thing would look like with more movie accurate colors...or even as the Bull Rex from The Lost World!  I like the sounds of that!  So folks, let me know in the comments what you think of this Funko figure.  Do you have it?  Thinking about getting it?  Let me know.  As always, thank you so much for reading and if you like what you see on this blog, you be sure to nudge that "Follow" button and stay cynical!

     -The Cynic

No comments:

Post a Comment